GUI checklist is important because for any application GUI components will be same like Textboxes, Listboxes etc..
Software Tester in his daily life will go accross the GUI components neverthless of any project.
The application under test may vary with its developemnt like Java, .Net or AJAX the GUI components will be same.
GUI componets should be developed according to the GUI standards.
Following is the checklist for anu GUI Application:
- Verify the minimum and maximum values are handled correctly
- Boundary Value Ananlysis is important for Numeric fields.
- Verify +ve and -ve values are handled correctly.
- Verify within range values
- Verify the length of numeric value defined is handled correctly.
- Alphabetical letters should not be accepted in numeric fields
- Special characters should not be accepted in numeric fields.
- Here the format be any one among dd/mm/yyyy or mm/dd/yyyy etc
- the behaviour of the date field should be same as mentioned in SRS/FRS document provided by developers.
- Date field should accept only upto 31 number(i.e; 0 - 31)
- for few months date is valid upto 30number.
- Date field should not accept -ve numbers
- Month field should accept only upto 12(1-12)
- Month field shoudnot accept number less than 1.
- year field should accept upto 4 digits.
- Text box should accept only upto length defined in SRS document.
- It should accept only characters as per it is desinged like special chars, alphabets, numerics etc
- Verify the case sensitive behaviour
List Boxes/Combo Boxes:
- Any option should be selected on double clicking on it.
- On typing first letter of any option it should appear first.
- Verify behavior of clickable button
- User should be able to check/ uncheck with Radio button
- User should be able to check/ uncheck with Check boxes
- Attached data is correct
- Navigation is correct
(Note: If you have more u can add as comment)